Pages

Please subscribe by clicking on the button below :)

Friday, October 28, 2016


Week 5
This week I conducted the DNA extraction from Staphylococcus Aureus which resulted to be the unknown bacteria. This conclusion was made on the observation of clustered circular positive gram stained organisms as well as the results of the following tests: positive catalyst test, positive glucose fermentation and positive MSA test.
Next, I ran the DNA extraction protocols with the header: Developing an Effective E-Coli Protocol and modified it a little because it made no sense.
Today, I analyzed the DNA concentrations obtained from the different protocols and out of the 4 samples that I had 2 results hit the sweet spot.
Next week I’ll be analyzing the same samples using some sort gel. Stay tuned to find out what that means.
Till next time,
Luis

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luis, I would love to read a bit more detail on your project. What does the 'sweet spot' mean when it comes to DNA concentrations?

    What was your data? I look forward to reading more! -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. It comes in real handy when you re-write a protocol because the ones they give us are really confusing and sometimes don't even give you that much detail. Sorry I wasen't much the day we made the gel, word of advise i will give you though for when you are writing all stuff down is literally write everything down because once you forget something one day you will then realize the importance of writing every little detail.

    ReplyDelete