Pages

Please subscribe by clicking on the button below :)

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week THREE Post
 
Two days ago (Tuesday) was my first day working in the department under the supervision of Matt, and as customary I was watched the lab safety videos which are super important. I especially liked the last few set of short clips, they were hilarious yet it reminded me of the possibilities of catastrophes that can occur in a lab setting. Also, I got to learn many new things.  One such example is the different designations that I laboratory could be categorized as depending on the work that is performed within the facilities.
Today (Friday), I got started on the process of identifying an unknown bacteria and I got as far as I possibly could. Currently, there is a petri dish with my name in the incubator and a vial with an unknown sample in the refrigerator. Tomorrow I’ll be back in the lab to continue and do as much as I can in whatever time I’m allowed to have. Here is a picture of my streaked dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment